Thursday, August 20, 2009

Work and Friends

We're in the lab every Saturday from 9am. Usually we can leave in the afternoon sometime, but when things are busy like they were last weekend, I find myself walking home late at night. On Sundays we can choose whether we want to come or not, but I nearly always have work to do. Last Sunday I had to go and take care of our experimental plants at Suwon in the morning, teach an English lesson and then go back to the lab at night to prepare a moderately enormous experiment for this week. Then it was Monday morning all of a sudden.

I generally don't mind working hard, but that means I get less time to hang around my old friends on the north side of the river. This photo is from a couple of weekends ago with Tae-Yang, me and Eric having a drink up in Hongdae. Back when I was a non-student, occasions like these were pleasantly more common.

These days, after a good 12 hours in the lab, I just find myself staring wistfully at the 70% ethanol spray that we use to sterilize the lab benches.

No comments: